Monday, December 1, 2014

Easy Scrap Fabric Christmas Balls

As an avid crafter I find myself having a very hard time parting with much of anything. The thought is always in the back of my mind, "What could I use that for in the future?" I save things from old broken jewelry, clothes that don't fit or are no longer fit to be worn in public, screws, light bulbs, you name it, I keep it! Some may say I have a hoarders tendency. I say waste not want not! So as you can imagine, I want to save even that very small 1 inch by 3 inch piece of scrap fabric that has been left behind from an old DIY project. The question is, what do you do with all those pieces of scraps that are otherwise useless? You make something of course!



I came up with the perfect way to no longer let those pieces of scraps go to waste. Save them and make Christmas ornaments with them. You can do this with beautiful Christmas fabric, old children's clothing, old sheets, etc. This is by far the easiest craft you will ever do and the only thing you should have to spend money on is your Christmas ornament if you don't already have them lying around. Most crafters should have all these materials lying around.

Supplies Needed:

*Christmas ball (glass or acrylic)
*Scrap fabric pieces
*Modge Podge
*Paint brush or foam brush
*Cup (or something similar for allowing your ball to dry)
*glitter, and or other notions to further decorate your ball. (not necessary)

Here is a quick and simple video tutorial to help you make a beautiful scrap fabric ball of your own!
If you give this project a try, be sure to share your finished project with me. I'd love to see what you create! Tweet me a picture on Twitter or tag me on Instagram.




 <---- Pin me for later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment